Individual users can set up email alerts in order to stay current with the information being added, edited and deleted within EventBooking. This article will walk you through how to set up an alert.
- Hover over your name in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Click My Settings.
- Click Alert Options on the left side of the browser window.
- Click Create.
- Enter a name for your alert.
- History presets filter the information for which you will receive alerts. You can either:
- Select an existing history preset from the drop-down. If you use an existing history preset, please skip to step 18.
- Create a new history preset by clicking Manage. If you use this option, please continue with the following steps.
- Click Add Preset.
- Click the plus sign next to Viewable by to expand the list of permissions profiles.
- Click the checkboxes for each profile that should be able to view your history preset.
- Click the plus sign next to Events, Activities and/or Journals.
- Click the plus sign next to Operations.
- You will see checkboxes for an item being added, deleted and changed. Checking the box for changed allows you to select if the alert should trigger for any changes or specific changes that you select. Check all of the operations boxes that apply.
We recommend against alerting on too many operations at once on high traffic accounts as this can cause speed issues.
- Click the plus sign next to Filtering.
- You will be presented with more options to expand. There are some differences in options between events, activities and journals, but the most commonly used options are:
- By Creator: trigger an alert based on who created the affected event, activity or journal
- By Who did it: trigger an alert based on who affected the event, activity or journal
- Enter a name for your history preset.
- Click Save.
- Click Select next to the history preset you have just created.
- Select the email address(es) to which you would like to have the alerts delivered. You can only select email addresses listed for your personal user account.
- Select whether you would like the alerts to be sent:
- Immediately. This option will send an individual email alert every time the history preset is triggered.
We recommend not using this option, as large venues with many events can experience significant speed issues if alerts are triggering too often.
- At a specific time. This option will send an email alert digest at the specified times.
- Clicking the date next to Start will bring up a date picker that will allow you to select the date on which your alerts should start.
- Enter the time of day that the alerts should be sent.
- Select whether the alerts should repeat hourly, daily, weekly or monthly from the drop-down.
- Select how often the alerts should repeat from the drop-down. Leaving this at 1 will cause the alerts to repeat every hour, day, week or month; setting it to 2 will cause the alerts to repeat every other hour, day, week or month; etc.
- You can also set an end date for your alerts by checking the box next to Ends. By default, alerts will be set to never end.
- Once the settings for your recurring alert digest are selected, click OK.
- Click Save.
Your alert has been created.