Avails allow you to show a potential client or promoter your availability without revealing privileged information about specific events or clients. This tutorial will walk you through sending an avails email directly through EventBooking.
Note: If your avails emails are being marked as spam, you can also send an avails link. Please refer to the full article for more details.
Sending an Avails Email
- Hover over Calendars.
- Click Avails.
- Select your avails preset from the drop-down menu.
Typically, a venue will have a calendar avails report and a side-by-side avails report.
- Select a calendar shortcut from the drop-down or check the calendars you would like to be included in the avails report.
Note: For more information on calendar shortcuts, please see this article.
- Set the date range by typing the dates directly into the fields, or click the calendar icon and pick them from the visual menu.
- Select the format in which you would like to send your avails by clicking the proper radio button.
- Enter the recipient, subject and message of the email into their respective fields.
Note: You may use an email address that is not in your address book, but be aware that the header of your email will read "unknown" and the email address rather than their name and the email address. The EB system will not know your recipient's name to include in the header of the email.
- Click Refresh HTML Preview (if you are sending as HTML) to see a preview of your avails.
- Click Send.
- Click OK on the Message Submitted window.