It is possible to configure EventBooking so that when someone receives an email you have sent, the message is coming from your own server and email address instead of EventBooking.
To configure this option you will need to get your IT department involved.
Note: We are finding that some IT departments are blocking the SMTP protocol. If your IT department does not allow SMTP, you will not be able to use the SMTP feature in EB. Please have your IT department contact us if they have any questions.
Please follow these steps:
- Hover over your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click My Settings.
- Click SMTP E-mail Setting on the left side of the page.
- Click Create.
- Enter the following information, some of which will need to be provided by your IT department:
- Server name or IP address of the email server
- Username of the email account
- Password for the email account
- Check the box for Use SSL if SSL is used for your email
- The port that is used for your email
Note: You can leave this set to 0 if no specific port is used.
- Click Save