This article will walk you through booking an event with functions.
- By using functions, you will be able to add detailed information for each space for each day of your event.
- If you are booking an event that will need functions but you don't have that information yet, you can book the event as a single event and then add your functions to that event later.
1. Hover over Calendars and click on Add Event with Functions. This option may be labelled as Add Event with Sub-Events in your account.
Function and Sub-Event are both terms used in the events industry. We have some accounts that use Function and some that use Sub-Event. Both terms refer to the same feature set.
2. Enter the name of your event.
Your form may be customized with additional fields.
3. Click +Add Sub-Event to add your first Function/Sub-Event.
4. Name the Function/Sub-Event.
5. Check the space where your function/sub-event will be held.
6. Update the time of your function/sub-event.
7. Select the date of your function/sub-event. If you have the same function on multiple dates, you may select all those dates. A separate line item will appear for each event your are booking, and a separate function will be created for each line item.
Be careful not to click and drag if you need adjacent dates - you'll select a date range rather than individual dates!
8. You can also click +Add Timeline to apply a timeline item to your function.
9. Once the space, date(s), and time(s) are entered as you wish, click Done.
10. You will see a list of your functions. You may edit the function/sub-event name if you wish.
If you've made an error and need to remove an event, click the X to the far right of the event (not the X by the event's name).
Be sure to select rooms separately to create a distinct function for each space! Note that in the screenshot in step 5 the top level Ballroom calendar was selected, so one function was created; this is correct because in this case the function is using the entire ballroom. In the example below, I've selected each Function Room because each one will be a separate breakout session and I need a separate sub-event for each so that I am able to list room setup, AV equipment, etc. for each space.
11. Click +Add Sub-Event and follow the steps above to add the rest of your functions/sub-events.
12. Choose the status of your event from the drop down list.
If you are adding a hold, we recommend using Next Available Tentative. It will choose the next open hold for your date.
13. Select your event type.
Depending on your avails settings, some events will show the Event Type on your avails reports. This list may be customized for your venue (certain accounts that are a part of a venue network may have restrictions).
14. Attach a contact from your address book. Click +Add Account/Company. Type the name of the company you are working with to search for Company address book objects in your account. Click on the company you wish to attach to your event.
15. If the company doesn't appear in your search, you can click +create new to add a new contact to your address book. Fill out your new contact's information and click Add.
16. You may also assign a Role to the company from the drop down list. This role is often used in reports and custom forms, and can be customized for your account.
17. Click Add to finish adding your contact to your event.
18. Click +Add Contacts and repeat the above steps to add a person to your event.
19. Add notes as you wish. These notes will appear on the event details page and can be pulled into reports as needed.
20. If you wish this event to appear differently in your avails than it would by default, you may edit that in the drop down.
If you are not sure what your avails display default is, click Avails Display Legend for the key. If you would like to modify your default avails settings, please contact us.
21. When all your event information is as you wish, click Done to add your event.
22. Your event and functions have been booked.
If the space you are attempting to book is already booked at that time, you will receive an alert from the conflict checker. The first event listed is the event you are attempting to add. The second event is the existing event that it is conflicting with.
You have three options at this point:
- Click Don't do it and then Retry. This will cancel adding the event and return you to the Add Event form.
- Click Make a Change. This will allow you to choose a different status and/or a different date and time. Once you updated the event information, click Retry to book your event.
- Click Do it Anyway. This option will double-book your space. Not all accounts have this option.